Saturday, January 31, 2009

Out with the old, In with the new!!!

Well, tomorrow my dad will be getting released from being the Stake President for the past nine years. My family is pretty excited, especially my mom. She has sat alone on the church bench for as long as I can remember (sad, but cool). I can't wait because during church, I can send my naughty kid to sit with Grandpa:) My kids LOVE grandpa, as you can tell by this picture. I along with many others asked him if he was sad or relieved. He said sad, very sad. He has "loved this calling more than any other" but smiling he said he "will be nice and relaxed when the meeting is over". It has been really fun for my kids to meet and spend time with Elder Russell M. Nelson (apostle), and Elder Jay L. Sitterud (seventy). President and Sister Orton (St. George Temple) also came tonight to dinner. They are a cute couple. She is really pretty. I hope I will look that good. I guess staying close to the Lord really does help. J/K Man, I probably shouldn't joke like that LOL. Ok, enough is enough, we just want to tell my dad how much we love him and look up to him. What an example!! We are proud to call you Dad/Grandpa!!

15 comments:

Doty Family said...

How cool is that?!! What a great memory for your girls! Your dad sounds like a great man!

Becky said...

That is such a cute picture! I remember when they had the interviews for the calling. I wasn't surprised at all who got the calling. Your dad is a good man. He was perfect for the calling. Nine years is a long time. Glad to see he gets to breath now. lol. I bet he did a awesome job on his calling though. God, I am sure, is pleased!

Krystle S said...

What an AWESOME picture! i love it!

Mickell Schena said...

Vic, He truly is an example. How exciting for your Mom. I would never make it sitting alone. Talk to you later.

Janet said...

What a cute picture, and look at the smile on your dad's face with the grandkids around. He has done such a great job but I also am happy for your mom! We as a stake will miss him, but will be happy to have him back in our ward. After Elder Nelson's talk about primary....maybe?

lesharee said...

You know, we can get him busy in scouts, LOL! No, he can have a little break. We are just excited to have all 3 of them back in our ward.

Marchelle said...

That is such a wonderful picture!! I'm sure your dad is going to be going through withdrawals real soon, it's a good thing your girl will keep him busy during church!! What a great man!!

Marchelle said...

Hey Vic, I also noticed that you have tons of class mates following you that Cherstie, Amy Jo and I don't...do you mind adding our class blog as one of your followers? lol It is http://beaverhighclass99.blogspot.com

Heidy said...

wow, he was a great stake president. I am excited for your mom to get to sit by him again in church.

Burgundy said...

What a cute pic. You are very lucky to have such a great family. All you guys are the best.

sunny said...

That's a way cute picture, your dad has always been a truly cool guy. What a neat thing for your family. What's Olivia up to?

Natalie said...

Hey Vic! I bought those leg warmers from Babysteals.com (they only come once in a while.) They are the BABYLEGS. You can get them here: http://www.babysnazz.com/ I Love them! BTW I LOVE your dad. He is one amazing man!

The Tobey's said...

I love that picture, it is so cute! I bet it will be nice to have your dad around more often in church!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Your Dad is awesome! That is really neat for your kids to get to have such a cool memory of meeting Elder Nelson! I have gotten to hear him talk once at Snow College and it was great!

Anonymous said...

I know my dad really enjoyed working with him in the presidency. You have a really neat dad- someone that we all love to count as a friend.