Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lake to Lake Relay

On March 6, some friends and I participated in a 50-mile relay race. It went from Gunlock Reservoir to Sandhollow Reservoir. It was really fun! And since doing this race, several people said they would be interested in doing something like this (where were they when we were trying to think of who would have TIME and actually WANT to do this??). I have never done anything like this and I hope to continue to get in shape and be able to participate in more races. It was pretty discouraging at first because my family repeatedly laughed at me when I told them what I was doing. In fact, after the race, my dad did mention that he was shocked that I was able to do it (thanks for the confidence:). By the way, there is a half-marathon in Beaver this summer so if you are interested let me know. It sounds crazy...but fun right?!



I am not particularly fond of this picture of me,

but it is the only one I have that actually proves I participated:)




My family...thanks for coming down!

Even though you didn't have much confidence in me, it was nice to know someone was there waiting for me (and not just to give me a ride to the next leg LOL).



And our team-"RUNNING ON EMPTY"

(boy that name was perfect for me LOL)
From L-R: Me, Burgundy, Kiera, Kim, Ellen

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you! This is so awesome...I'm very impressed.

You are setting a great example for your kids.

Janet said...

Good job Vic (and girls)!!! I am very impressed!!!!

Becky said...

Congrats!!! That is totally awesome --good job and that is far! Lake to Lake---how far was that? You should of said cause that has to be pretty far. Well Done!

Becky said...

he he ---I just saw how far---WOW!

Marchelle said...

That is so cool Vic!! Way to go!

Burgundy said...

Vic-you did awesome. I had so much fun. I can not wait for the next one.

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

You are amazing! The thought of it makes me want to pass out from exhaustion!

Corynn said...

Your awesome. Look at you running all these races. I really wish I was in Beaver so I could be tagging along.