Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Annie's 1st Day of Tumbling with a Surprise!!

Yesterday was Annie's first day of tumbling. Before class all the kids were running around and playing with each other when Annie fell. This is a regular occurence around our house so I didn't think too much about it other than she wouldn't walk for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe she would miss out on her first day of tumbling to fake an injury especially since she was so excited to go. Well, it was still the same this morning when she woke up so I decided to take her to the Dr. Afterall, I was not going to carry her around everywhere if there wasn't anything wrong. I guess she was right because she has a compression fracture below her left knee. She gets to wear a huge leg splint and put no pressure on it for one week then she can put her tip toe down. Holy cow, I will be one tired Mama!!The splint goes from her mid-thigh down to her toes.
We opted out of crutches figuring we would have a 2nd broken leg, so I will be pushing her in a stroller. She will have to take the stroller to school so her teacher can push her around class. I'm sure Mrs. Sagers will be thrilled about that. LOL



11 comments:

tara said...

Poor Annie. She doesn't even have a cast that people can sign. Give her kisses.

Andrea said...

oh man, sad - but she doesn't look to sad.

Marchelle said...

That is sad. She seems to have a great attitude about it though, look at her smiling!!

Doty Family said...

That is awfully sad!! Poor girl!

Becky said...

Poor girl! You are going to be one tired momma, taking her to the bathroom, taking her to the dinner table, its a good thing your not prego anymore huh. But even then thats got to be hard with three kids to watch every minute. Good luck this week...:) Mrs. Sagers-is that Jodie Sagers?

The Tobey's said...

What the heck! Poor Annie!

Burgundy said...

Only you Vic!! I feel so bad for you guys. When Smokey broke both of his legs and had to be in a wheelchair, it was hard. I'll be thinking of you.

Janet said...

Holy cow is right. I can't believe this happened. You will be tired, and she will be tired of doing this before she is done. It makes me feel so badly!

Morgan and Heidi said...

Man, I want to be pushed around in a stroller all day. haha. Tell Annie that we're sorry she got hurt :( She still looks cute though.

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

How sad! I hope she feels better soon!

Janet said...

Annie did such a good job today. Thank you for all of your help. I truly could not do this job without having the best help and I have it! You are the best!