Monday, August 17, 2009

Annie has lost a tooth, Hooray!

On August 12th, Annie finally lost her first tooth! She has been asking me for about six months when she will start to lose her teeth. I have been telling her not until 1st grade just in case she didn't lose any right away. But, one morning she woke up and I notice her two bottom teeth were crooked!! It scared me at first, LOL, but then I realized they could just be loose. Sure enough they were both loose:) Only a few days later, Wes pulled it out for her. I thought that would be a disaster, but no tears were shed so I think we are OK. We are a few days away from starting Kindergarten. She has Mrs. Sagers and will be going in the mornings. She said she couldn't wait to tell Mrs. Sagers about her tooth because now that means she is REALLY ready for Kindergarten:)
We borrowed Grandma's Tooth Fairy Pillow for the night.
It has a small pocket for the tooth and you hang it by your bed.

The pocket.

Here it is. Ready for the big night.
The ribbon across the front says Tooth Fairy Visit Me Tonight.

When I asked Annie how much she thought the tooth fairy would bring,
she said, "A thousand dollars!!" Uncle Jeff was visiting and we both looked at each other and laughed. I told Annie if the tooth fairy brings you a thousand dollars, then Uncle Jeff and I were going to start pulling our teeth out too. It was pretty funny.


She got $5.00 and was pretty excited that it was more than
Wes or I got when we were little:) We got $.50 or $1.00.


After we got the Tooth Fairy Pillow ready, we goofed around with the camera and ate rice crispy treats. Wes was at work and Cragun was sleeping so it was kindof like a girl's night out!!


7 comments:

Long Family said...

SO fun!! I'm scared for the losing teeth milestone!!! I get squeemish watching the kids on America's Funniest Home Videos. You look great!! Your kids are darling!!

tara said...

Congratulations Annie! Good luck at kindergarten. Brytten is getting really excited too!

Marchelle said...

That is so cute!! How fun! Skyler was so worried about losing teeth too. I love the picture of you and your girls!! You have a very sweet family.

Rachel said...

Victoria,

Your girls are so CUTE! I love the last picture!

Burgundy said...

What a fun night. $5.00 is alot for a tooth don't tell my kids. Annie will love Mrs. Sagers.

Janet said...

Oh, how cute!!!! I've been at Shannon's so I just read this! I can't wait to see Annie, and I love your mom's little tooth holder.

The Tobey's said...

I love that! Seriously--I might pull my teeth for just 5 bucks!